When it comes to supporting our activities, some of the activities are mentioned below. You are free to choose any one or more of the activities mentioned below:
1. You may support us by writing some good articles related to our activities or maybe you can design a marketing strategy for us, either on line or off line.
2. We are in the process to establish a primary level school for the children of poor and highly marginalized community (called Mushahar in Hindu culture). We have convinced the guardians and if you can spend some time with them, you can lead the team/parents with construction. They will be more convinced if a foreigner comes and works together to establish school for their own children. They are also the most dependent community of the forest, Dhanushadham Protected Forest. Out of 167 households, no child goes to school.
3. We work in a forest Dhanushadham Protected Forest with 360 Hectare forest land. The forest is 100 percent secure, Zeero grazing, Zeero poaching (though less wildlife is there) and no illicit felling. It’s now at high risk due to no fire line inside, so we have planned a nature trail up to the origination point of Ban Ganga river, the river having religious linkage with Hindu religion. You can lead the students to clean the pathway, so that, it will be easy for religious tourist to reach there and also it will work as fire line. We’ll call students from eco-clubs of surrounding schools and you can lead them in cleaning and making path way.
4. To highlight the conservation of King Cobra (Ophiophagus hannah) and for easy identification to the target community, we have housed 2 nos. of King Cobra inside Dhanushadham Protected Forest. We have planned to construct a managed Enclosure with sufficient area and natural habitat for them, so that, we can house at least 2 male and 1 female King Cobra for captive breeding purpose to increase little bit population in the wild. You can be involved during planning and construction phase.
5. If you have knowledge of web designing, you can help us upgrade our official website and get it highlighted online.
6. You can support us raising fund online or offline, as we don’t get foreign donations. May be you can suggest or guide us through. Presently we are charging Rs.10/- (NPR) to all the visitor to manage staff salary.
7. Construction of a crocodile enclosure is going on, you can support or suggest the mechanic during construction phase.
8. Your involvement in schools for conservation education would also be a great support to aware the students.
Hope above mentioned points will help you decide your kind involvement. But, please be assured that while staying inside forest, you are always welcomed to join us in wildlife rescue operations. We use to get rescue calls almost every day.
Mithila Wildlife Trust is the only organization working outside Protected Areas (National Park and Wildlife Reserves) in Nepal to conserve natural resources and wildlife, and being at starting phase, we require all the support and help required for establishment of a new organization.
We’re trying to connect the community residing outside Protected Areas, with the wildlife.
So, we’ll highly appreciated you any kind of involvement.